How to register for Project Shepherd assistance
The holiday season can be tough for some Lakewood households, including those who have faced unemployment or underemployment for many months.
If you are a Lakewood resident facing tough economic times, your Lakewood neighbors want to help. The registration period to receive help from Project Shepherd runs from Nov. 4 to Nov. 17 at the Burns Community Center and Palms Park Community Center. Registered families will be notified in December of the time and place to pick up assistance.
Visit www.lakewoodcity.org/ProjectShepherdRegistration for additional information.
• Lakewood residents only.
• Those who are low income, unemployed or on public assistance.
To register, bring the following:
• A current utility bill and a valid driver’s license or government award letter.
• Identification for each person in the household.
Registration hours at the Burns Community Center, 5510 Clark Avenue, are Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Registration hours at the Palms Park Community Center, 12305 E. 207th Street, are Monday through Friday, from 2 to 5 p.m. with extended hours on Tuesday until 8 p.m. Weekend hours are Saturday from 1 to 5 p.m. and Sunday from 2 to 5 p.m.
For more information, call the Burns Community Center at 562-925-7512, or Palms Park Community Center at 562-865-6414.
Project Shepherd would like to thank our sponsors for their generous support this holiday season:
- Platinum Sponsors Lakewood Regional Medical Center and Macy's
- Gold Sponsor F&M Bank and Assembly Member Anthony Rendon
- Silver Sponsors Los Angeles County Supervisor Janice Hahn, Tokyo Hibachi and the Lakewood Family YMCA