City service changes for Veterans Day
Lakewood City Hall will be closed in observation of Veterans Day on Monday, Nov. 11.
• Trash service will continue as usual, picked up on your regular day.
• In residential areas, there will be no street sweeping and no makeup sweep, so the city will not issue parking tickets. Street sweeping and parking enforcement will still occur in commercial areas.
• DASH Transit will not be available.
Here is how you can report a non-emergency issue when City Hall is closed:
• Call and leave a message for the customer service staff at 562-866-9771, extension 2140 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. They will answer messages on the next business day.
• Submit a non-emergency service request online at www.lakewoodcity.org/service.
• Use the easy to use Lakewood Connect app for your smartphone to report an issue, ask a question or give input to the City of Lakewood. The app is available from both the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store as a free download.
For emergency city service requests, like downed tree limbs or water main leaks, please phone 562-866-9771 and follow the recorded instructions to page a 24-hour city emergency staff worker.
If you would like to obtain an RV/Trailer permit you can contact the Lakewood Sheriff's Safety Center at 562-623-3583.
For questions or requests regarding trash and disposal services, contact EDCO Disposal at 562-531-3054.