Maintaining the Lakewood Way -- Join the Conversation!
After years of state and federal money grabs of Lakewood's local funds (totaling over $30 million in eight years), Lakewood is starting to face rising budget deficits like many other California cities.
To be financially sustainable into the future, Lakewood needs the community's help to ensure we can continue to meet your needs, like we have always strived to in the past.
Take the survey now at www.lakewoodcity.org/survey.
As part of our community planning process, an initial survey was recently conducted to get input from the public on local service needs. Some of the priorities identified by your neighbors included:
- Maintaining 911 emergency response
- Preventing property crimes, like thefts and burglaries
- Protecting Lakewood's long-term financial stability
- Keeping Lakewood parks and public areas safe and clean
- Protecting local drinking water sources
- Maintaining Lakewood sheriff patrols
- Maintaining streets/repairing potholes
The city is committed to continuing to reflect your priorities to the greatest extent that we can. We need and want to hear from you!
Please "Join the Conversation" TODAY and tell us your priorities for Lakewood by completing a Community Feedback Survey at www.lakewoodcity.org/Survey.
Thank you for participating!