Trivia contest for Lakewood's 65th Anniversary
The City of Lakewood is celebrating its 65th anniversary of incorporation, and we invite you to join in the fun!
Each week from April 18 through May 30 we will post a trivia question about Lakewood on our Facebook page giving you a chance to win a 65th Anniversary prize pack. Each week’s question will relate to a featured decade in the city’s past, beginning with the 1950s.
We all know that the City of Lakewood was incorporated in 1954, but do you know the answers to some other not-so-well-known trivia questions? Here’s your chance to test your knowledge and show your love for Lakewood (and earning a prize isn’t bad either)!
If you haven’t heard, Lakewood’s beloved Woody the Tree is serving as the city’s mascot for the anniversary, and he’ll be appearing each week as we unveil a series of seven collectible cards that pays homage to each decade since the city’s incorporation.The cards are free and available while they last at the main receptionist desk at Lakewood City Hall.
Here’s how to play:
STEP 1: “Like” and follow the City of Lakewood, California government page on Facebook (@LakewoodCalifornia) so you will see each week's trivia question as soon as it is posted.
STEP 2: Check your Facebook feed each Thursday evening at 7 p.m. and be the first person to correctly answer the trivia question in the comment section under the post.
STEP 3: Check your Facebook feed the following Monday morning starting at 10 a.m. to find out the correct answer to the question and see if you won!
Here are the contest rules:
- The contest is open to anyone age 13 and older.
- One entry per contest per person. Multiple entries will disqualify the person from winning.
- Winners are determined by City of Lakewood staff based on the earliest date and time of the first posted correct answer to that week’s trivia question. Each week’s winner will be announced in a Facebook post released at 10 a.m. the following Monday morning. (Due to the Memorial Day holiday, the winner of the May 23 trivia question will be posted on Friday, May 24.)
- Winners must be able to pick up the prize package at Lakewood City Hall no later than two weeks after the announcement is posted. Prizes will not be shipped. If the prize is not picked up by that date, the next eligible person who posted a correct response to that week’s contest will be awarded the prize.
- Winners of one trivia contest are not eligible to win again. Only one prize pack per person.
- Lakewood city staff are not eligible to win.