Lakewood Budget FY 2016-2018
Lakewood Budget FY 2014-2016
Lakewood Budget FY 2013-2014
Lakewood Budget FY 2012-2013
Lakewood Budget FY 2011-2012
In June of 2016, the Lakewood City Council passed a $177 million balanced budget covering two fiscal years, from July 1, 2016 to June 30, 2018.
On Tuesday, June 27, 2017, the City Council carried out a financial review at the half-way point of that budget and gave the approval to proceed with several projects to update Lakewood parks, community buildings and roads.
Click for PDF of Lakewood’s current full budget (Please be patient when downloading this large document.)
The second year of Lakewood’s budget includes funds for:
• Rynerson Park improvements--including new restrooms and picnic shelters.
• Monte Verde Park lodge improvements—including new flooring and new doors.
• New picnic shelters for San Martin Park.
• New surfacing for the Mayfair Park tot lot.
• Burns Community Center enhancements. (At their Tuesday meeting, the Council approved the lowest, responsible bid from De La Riva Construction Co., of Anaheim, to carry out the enhancement work, which includes a new outside elevator, new flooring and restroom renovations, and expanded space for building users. Work is expected to begin in July and be completed in about nine months.)
• Repaving Woodruff Avenue, expected to take place near the end of 2017.
• Re-landscaping the parkways along Paramount Boulevard to be attractive, water-wise, and reduce stormwater runoff. Lakewood won a state grant to help pay for this project.
In the upcoming fiscal year from July 1, 2017 to June 30, 2018, Lakewood will continue to fully fund law enforcement services from the L.A. County Sheriff’s Department and Lakewood’s award-winning recreation programs for all ages.
“I want to compliment my council colleagues,” said Mayor Diane DuBois, “for fine-tuning a two-year budget that maintains Lakewood’s priorities of public safety, good streets and infrastructure, and wonderful parks and recreation programs for all ages. With this budget, we keep Lakewood looking good and working well, now and into the future.”